Six Feet Deep - Broken Tree

[postlink]http://gospelmetalvideos.blogspot.com/2011/01/six-feet-deep-broken-tree.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDeDQXt_NYendofvid 
[Starttext]

Lyrics:

Maybe the limbs of a broken tree
Will heal themselves in time.
Or maybe the limbs of that broken tree
Will petrify...
Hard as stone.

As I peel back the layers
I find things I never knew were there.
And as I listen to my prayers
I hear myself confused and scared.

This broken tree feels like part of me,
Somehow controlling my destiny.
Has the seed of a broken promise
Decided what I will be?

I, left to myself can only hope to survive.
I, left to myself can only slowly die...

How long will I drift,
Will I not know the difference?
Have I weathered so long
That I've been shaped by this ocean?
Will the legacy live in on me,
Like father, like son, I don't believe
That what I am is determined
By what percedes me.
And now I have to realize
That the past is not my future,
And in Christ
I'm a brand new creature.

I, left to myself can only hope to survive.
I, left to myself can only slowly die...

But given grace I know I can,
Given grace I can learn to forgive.
In the face of all of this,
Given grace I can truly live...

***

Please rate & comment!
God bless Hungary!
Isten óvja Magyarországot!

 [Endtext]

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário